Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Trip to Vizag

I am born and brought up in The City of Destiny - Visakhapatnam. I come home once a year and I try to make it during Pongal. This time I decided to go home by drive along with my Parents. Here are my trip details...

Total Distance : 1,102
Total Drive Time: 16 Hrs 12 Minutes

We started in Bangalore at 6 AM in the morning and by 8 PM, we covered a distance of ~850 KM to reach Rajahmundry, a place 220 KM from Vizag.

From Bangalore, we need to take Old Madras Road to reach Chittore. From Chittore you need to deviate towards Tirupati and hit Gudur to touch the Golden Quadrilateral NH 5. I need to admit that this is one of the best things which can happen to India - The Golden Quadrilateral (GQ) Project. The road is amazing and fantastic. However, watch out for loads of Toll Gates on the GQ.

Trip Log
Place Distance Distance from Bangalore
Bangalore 0.00
A1, Chittor 167.00 167.00
Kalahasti 133.00 300.00
Naidupeta 32.00 332.00
NH 5 9.00 341.00
A1, Gudur 40.00 381.00
A1 140.00 521.00
Vijayawada 173.00 694.00
Rajahmundry 185.00 879.00
Vizag 223.00 1102.00


Where to take Breaks?
The best places to take breaks are A1 Plaza operated by Reliance. ThisPlaza is behind a Reliance Petrol Bunk on the highways. In the above trip log, I mentioned where you can find a A1 Plaza.
Note: If you are driving from Niadupeta to Gudur you will be on the left and A1 is on your right. When you see the board for A1, slowdown and there is a break in the median for A1 just 20 Mtrs before. You take your right and drive in the opposite direction.

Toll Gates
The following are the toll gates and the price you need to pay.

Chittore Bye-Pass to Tirupati Rs. 10
Budhanam Toll Plaza, Nellore Dist. Rs. 20
Nellore Toll Plaza, Nellore Dist. Rs. 15
NHAI Toll Plaza, Sunnambatti, Nellore Dist Rs. 35
Paleru Toll Gate Rs. 10
Kaza Toll Plaza Rs. 40
Potipadu Toll Gate Rs. 15
Kalaparu Toll Gate Rs. 15
NAHI Tanuku Toll Plaza Rs. 55
NHAI K Varam Toll Plaza Rs. 45
NHAI Vempadu Toll Plaza Rs. 45
Aganampudi Toll Gate Rs. 15


Total Rs. 320


Diesel
I spent Rs.3344.00 for Diesel which amounts to 98.35 Lts of Diesel. Average milage is 11.5 KM.

Total Drive Cost
To summarize, I spent approximately Rs 3.32 per KM.

Experience
This is one of my best drives till date. If you planning for a drive to this side of the country, dont think twice, you will really enjoy it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks a million, your post is pretty helpful as I ma planning a trip on this ropute in another 2 weeks (Bangalore - Tirupathi - Rajahmundry)

Santosh said...

Hey

thank you for a vivid description .....planning to get my car and your blog helped me very much

Unknown said...

Thanx mate for sharing info ..

Unknown said...

Thank you for your guidance, great time.
After visited this site i came to know that Nellore is one of the best destination spot in AP. For this trip i booked my Bus Ticket to Kesineni Travels through TicketGoose.com, to visit this place.