Monday, October 23, 2006

All New Scorpio 2006

I decided to buy a Scorpio long ago. But, was unable to buy due to the huge investment. Finally, the day has come when I could afford it. I was trading in my 3 Year old Santro in which I did about 55,000 KM to buy my dream car.
I went for a test drive when the new version of Scorpio was launched. I was quite impressed. Thanked my stars that I could buy the new version and not the old one. On May 10,2006 I went ahead and booked the car. Got the vehicle delivered on the 10, June 2006. WOW!
This is a fambulous car made by India, for the Indian who cannot buy imported SUV's. People told be that Scorpio is not at all advisable for Bangalore (this is where i live) roads. But, I still went ahead. After driving for around 4 Months, I can definitely say that this is a Santro in its segment in terms of Manuvarability. Believe me! I am not writing this on behalf of Mahindra nor any magazine. This comes from my heart. You should know how to handle a car and you will definitely enjoy driving this machine.
If at all I need to suggest one this for improvement, I would only say "Breaking". It takes around 3-4 Sec to get the car to a standstill when you are driving at 100 KMPH. This is a bit huge time when you are talking about Indian roads. If this beast had ABS, nothing like it. I think I read it in one of the car magazines that ABS would be included by the year end, and i am sure that the price would be at least 1.5 Lacs more (which would definitely be beyond my budget). Even this version is amazing...

No comments: